Monday, July 28, 2014

Duryodhana

Duryodhana, without a doubt.


If ever given a chance to be and relive Duryodhana,

I will be rational. Duryodhana never believed that Pandava's divine origin alone proved their superiority. On many occasions questioning their merits (Even their origin), and always calling them the 'Kaunteya'(sons of Kunti), not sons of Devas.

I will prefer ability to blue blood. Duryodhana supports Karna, while Pandawas humiliate him.

I will have the most loyal friend of the world. Karna.

I will have a good memory. Bhima's bullying and taunting was a constant source of pain for Duryodhana and his brothers in childhood. And he never forgot this.

I will be physically strong. Duryodhana's body is said by Balarama to be "lightning made flesh".

Read Amit Banerjee's answer to Was Duryodhana a better warrior than Bheema?

I will have marvelous teachers.  Kripacharya, Dronacharya and Balarama.

I will get a fabulous mastermind by my side. No need to go through all that mental fatigue. Duryodhana gets Shakuni by his side.

I will stay at sweet home. Pandavas were burning forests at Khandavprasth, At that time Duryodhana was in royal palace.

I will not tolerate if someone makes fun of my father. Duryodhana manages to send Draupadi and Pandavas for thirteen years away from comforts.

I will enjoy my days of youth in luxury. While Pandavas were struggling in forests. Duryodhana was enjoying his kingdom.

I will be an elite administrator. People will admire me for this. In Kumaon region of Uttranchal, several beautifully carved temples are dedicated to Duryodhana and he is worshipped as a minor deity.The mountain tribes of Kumaon fought along with Duryodhana armies in the Mahabharata war; he was venerated as a capable and generous administrator. No need to say, No revolts occurred while Pandavas were in exile. Also At Poruvazhy Peruviruthy Malanada Temple in Kerala's Kollam district, Duryodhana is worshipped as the main deity.

I will have one wife. Duryodhana did not marry once in a couple of years like Padavas did, to gain Political clout.

I will punish that person who approaches my daughter like a thief. Duryodhana imprisoned Krishna's son samba for the attempt of kidnapping his daughter Lakshamana from Swayamvar.

I will listen to my daughter and teacher. I will not be adamant. He releases Samba when he comes to know that Lakshamana likes him. And further Balarama requests him to do so.

I will not withdraw if I believe I am right. It was controversial whether Pandavas successfully completed their last year of "Agyaatvas" or not. 

I will be so strong that God will try to make me vulnerable. Krishna stops Duryodhana to go naked in front of his mother.

I will be so strong that my strength will force God to manipulate rules of the war. Krishna indicates Bheema to hit Duryodhana below the waist in mace fight.

I will die young in a battle fighting for my beliefs. Duryodhana dies while his childhood friend Ashwatthama was by his side. Unlike old Pandavas who didn't even look back at their dying brothers. As it would show attachment to this materialistic world.


For most of the people Karna, Bheesma and Krishna are favorite characters to relive.
But not for me, because-

Karna and Bheesma- Too much of sacrifice. Too much of mental agony and physical pain (For Bheesma- bed of arrows, For Karna- removing Armour from his body like peeling himself).

Krishna- How can I feel to be a God after committing so many sins. However considering a hypothetical situation. If I will be Krishna, I will spend my childhood away from my biological parents. In such a young age I would fight Jarasandh and finally I would have to shift from my motherland to Dwaraka.
 Man!! I love Uttar Pradesh.
All my life I will spend my time guiding five people who are so clueless, that for ONCE I will leave them on their own (because I will have to save Dwaraka from Shishupal's supporters) and these five people will get their life messed up like hogan's goat.
And finally my relatives will kill one another. These five people will reveal their impotency again when they will be unable to save my family from uncivilized tribes. I will be shot by a hunter Jara and die alone in a forest.


I mean no disrespect for somebody's belief. It's fine if one thinks of Duryodhana as an evil. I seek no validation. I choose to be that evil. Bharat is a free country; it's my life and I can live the way I want to.

No comments: