Monday, July 28, 2014

RUMI QUOTES

On Pain:
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”

On right and wrong:
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
and rightdoing there is a field.
I'll meet you there."

On lovers:
“The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing
how blind that was.
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.”

On criticism:
“If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”

Dancing:
“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”

On love:
“When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.
Praise God for those two insomnias!
And the difference between them.”
:
On risk:
“Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation.
Be notorious.”

On creation:
“In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.”

About arguments:
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”

To bring change:
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”

Regarding satisfaction:
“Two there are who are never satisfied -- the lover of the world and the lover of knowledge.”

On forgetting:
“A mountain keeps an echo deep inside. That's how I hold your voice.”

On Insanity:
“I have lived on the lip
of insanity, wanting to know reasons,
knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.”

And , finally, life and death - the beginning and the end:
“I didn't come here of my own accord, and I can't leave that way.
Whoever brought me here will have to take me home.”

No comments: