Sunday, March 15, 2015

Lines from books

This is from Charlie Chaplin's autobiography. He was talking about a particular dialogue from his film Monsieur Verdoux(1947) which really made me think.

Henri Verdoux: It's the approach of death that terrifies.
The Girl: I suppose, if the unborn knew of the approach of life, they'd be just as terrified.

“She said, ‘I’m so afraid.’ 
And I said,‘why?,’ and she said, ‘Because I’m so
profoundly happy.
 Happiness like this is
frightening.’ I asked her why and she
said, ‘They only let you be this happy if
they’re preparing to take something
from you.’”

— The Kite Runner, By Khaled Hosseini.
“People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.”
To Kill a Mockingbird
"Children aren't colouring books. You don't get to fill them with your favourite colours."

 -Kite Runner, Khaled Hossieni
“Let me tell you this: If you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.” 

― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

No comments: