Sunday, September 20, 2015

Insteresting conversation with a girl part 2

                                    Part 2: The Phone Call

I felt there was so much information in those two lines. My brain initiated the self talk:

**What do three smileys mean? Did I make her laugh only thrice?No, it was more than that, I hope. But, there is something about the number three?Three is the number of words in 'I Love You'. Wait. Three is also the number of words in 'I Hate You'. No. Why would she hate me? If she hated me, she would not have given her number.Wait. Is the number genuine or did she just pull a fast one on me? Only a phone call can answer all these questions.**

I started  musing; thinking about what I would  say to her and how she would react. I was rolling over the bed from side to side; thinking. Thinking. Thinking. BAM! I fell off my bed.

**Ouch! That hurt! Hey nutcase! Stop this nonsense. 'Falling for someone' is just a figure of speech. These plans are no good. Just be the guy you were in the evening. Just be that spontaneous smartass.**

So, I made a plan that I wouldn't plan.
(The following evening, I dialed the number given to me. I was curious as to who would answer the call or if the number did exist. I hoped for the best and prepared for the worst.

I heard a dial tone. **Okay, it is a real number. Stage 1 clear.** My heart started beating rapidly. I was breathing as if I had just attempted to break the world record of holding the breath for the longest time. Five rings down the line, someone answered.)

 "Hello?"

(It was her. **Stage 2 clear.** The feeling was better than winning that world record.) 

** Dude, this is real! Stop being so pessimistic. Step on the pedal and bring up your A game!**

"Hello??"

Me: "Am I talking to Ms. Rose?"
She: "Yeah?"

Me: "Ma'am this is to inform you that, a table for two has been booked at L9 Cafe for tomorrow at 7 pm."

She: "Okay but who am I talking to?"
Me: "The guy you are having dinner with."

She: "My Goodness!! How did you change your voice?"
Me: "Let's say it is one of my lesser known skills."

She: "What's with the fake British accent?"
Me: "Hey! I practiced those lines 15 times! Acknowledge the effort!"

She: "The British are excellent with phone manners. You need to introduce yourself before asking for the person on the other end or conveying a message."
Me: "Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you. When are the classes starting?"

(She giggled.)
 
She: "I knew you wouldn't be following the 3 Day Rule."
Me: "How so?"

She: "Because  you don't rely on techniques and cliches. You are spontaneous and I feel you speak from your heart."
Me: "Yeah beware! That thing  is coming after you....really fast!"

(She gave that amazing laugh. A sound which was melody to me.)

She: "What if I said I was busy tomorrow?"
Me: "Okay there is no reservation. I was just confirming your presence. My next call would be to L9 Cafe,  however."

She: " You are really an idiot!"
Me: "Yeah! I fell for you. Head first!"

She: "I think I know that feeling."
Me: "I am kind of banking on that."

She: "I can't wait to see you tomorrow."
Me: "Well  a great Chinese proverb goes like this: It is the space between the bars, that holds the cage. The waits between our dates are what will make them special."    

She: "How can you be so sure of having more than a first date?"
Me: "Well yesterday I wasn't even sure of having a first date; when you left the room unannounced. Then I found my bookmark. Seems, I am good at picking up on hints."

She: "I am sorry if you were hurt when I left like that. I was praying that you'd notice it and call me as soon as possible. "
Me: "No don't be. Of 'course, it felt brutal for a few seconds. But hey, I liked your style. That's what made me admire you even more. Even you are unconventional.That was one hell of a way to give someone your number! I got that bookmark laminated, by the way. "

She: "I don't want this call to end. "
Me: "Well a......."

She: "No! Don't give me that crappy Chinesething of yours!"
Me: "Alright! But take it easy lady! We are going to a Chinese place tomorrow!"

She: "How did you know I liked Chinese?"
Me: "Yesterday you were reading 'Journey to the West'  by Wu Cheng’ en; I took a blind shot, which reached its target just about now."

She: "Ridiculous logic!"
Me: "I am an idiot. Remember?"

She: "You are also cute."
Me: "Are you flirting with me?"

She: " No! I was talking to my candle, right here."
Me: "You are good. Too good! Okay. See you tomorrow. I need to  make a call to the restaurant before they are sleepy."

She:"Bye."

A glimpse of Part-3

                                                 Part 3: The Date

After preening for the umpteenth time, I kicked myself out of the house. I had to look my absolute best today. My brain had prepared a checklist:

**
Brushed twice? Check.Rinsed with Hydrogen Peroxide? Check.Shaved like crazy? CheckHair Serum? CheckFace cream? CheckViolet Half-Sleeve Shirt? Check.Black Jeans? Check.Woodland Shoes? Check.Perfume? CheckChewing gums? CheckGot a rose for her? CheckGot a book for her? CheckLooking Handsome? No comments. (But yeah, better than that geek who went to the library.) **
(I reached our reserved table ten minutes ahead of schedule. I was wondering what she would wear and how she would react, upon seeing me.

There she came.7 pm, on the dot. Wow! She just seemed sexier. She walked with a panache which could only come from a smart, beautiful and a confident woman. She wore a black sleeveless gown down to her knees. Sexy but not vulgar. Exactly as I had expected. She was wearing a pearl necklace and black studded earrings. She had tied her silky black hair up in a bun with a couple of stray strands kissing her cheek, which formed a part of her triangular jaw. I felt jealous of them. She had a beauty spot to the left of her lower lip and a nose as sharp as her wit. Her strawberry-colored lips were glossy, but their shine was overpowered by her lightning smile as she made an eye contact with me; while putting the hair strands behind an ear. She was a doe-eyed beauty.)

**She is an Angel! Dude, you are dating an Angel!** 

No comments: