Monday, October 5, 2015

MATURITY

DISCLAIMER:  Already a lot has been discussed about maturity and I simply have a different take on it. Let's keep it simple. I'll share my perceptions of what maturity is from my personal experiences on various social networking sites. If you're a person seeking happiness and satisfaction from material things, then DO NOT PROCEED.

And for those like me who look the same  things, at the same place but with a different angle, here's what I feel maturity is:
  • No status updates
I stopped updating my facebook and whatsapp status, the day I realized, it was absolutely a waste of time seeking approbations and criticisms from the random people.

  • No picture uploads
Why am I suppose to publicize with where I've been to, of how beautiful I looked. It's none of other person's business.

  • Stopped throwing tantrums
Long back I stopped throwing tantrums like other girls when I realized that people around me desire for things I take for granted.

  • An addiction to quora
Finally maturity was when I prioritised my stuff and realized, all social media is worthless and disgusting for a person like me who has high aspirations and a thirst for knowledge.

And all of us " THE QUORANS" discussing and sharing good and intellectual works here, is the best example of being mature.

** From the comments section below what I can make out is people have strong sentiments associated with facebook and whatsapp. I don't have anything against these nor the people who share good posts and their experiences so that it may be of help to others.
What I actually mean by maturity is that bridge with show off on one end and actual knowledge base on the other which many tend to cross in order to seek satisfaction.
It's not possible for me to reply to every comment and so it was better I make myself clear here.
Also from this I'll remark

Maturity is when you understand that each person on this earth has a right to their own perceptions and you cannot seek justifications for the prejudices you hold. Instead you value and respect that. That's the highest form of maturity.

No comments: