Monday, June 15, 2015

How do I get over the fact that I am ugly and will never have the girl I liked in my life?

I'm 26, my looks are below average, and half of my hairs have grey coverage. Like you, I've my own financial and family challenges. My materialistic possessions are close to zero as I'm a minimalist both by choice and life's vicissitudes. I've had two girlfriends. Both left me without giving me a proper reason. But both were very polite. They never told me that I was ugly or didn't meet their expectation of an ideal financial partner. That's okay. Not everything in life is explicitly said.

From a father-in-law's perspective, I would be the most pathetic potential groom. I don't own a house or a car. Neither would they appreciate my views of a house being a bad investment. But again, I don't complain. They belong to an era where inflation was low and buying a home was easy.

Potential brides also have little expectations apart from monthly payment of bills. A honeymoon trip to Sydney, jewelry, M.F. Husain's paintings on the wall, fortnightly beauty parlor trips, and a monthly expenditure over the top of paying all the bills. Actually, something is required to post on Facebook wall and tag friends.

And people will tell you so many good things that you should first love yourself, accept yourself, getting a girl is not everything and other eye opening statements. But nothing makes sense because you wish to see the dream with closed eyes. So you tend to ignore everything. Now, dreaming is not bad. But when a dream gets repeated over and over again, it gets scary. It frightens you for no reason.

So we are going to see a different dream. A fulfilling dream. This dream is all about yourself and no one else. It is about tweaking things in your favor. Now, being ugly was pure randomness but the way you carry yourself is a choice. Just by sheer confidence in the way they carry themselves, average looking people beat their physically beautiful counterparts. Get in shape, dress well, take care of your grooming and know well what you speak. And tell you what, physical beauty is going to erode and smartness is going to grow.

Once you feel confident, concentrating on your goals become easier. Perhaps your hair is not coming back but if you are persistent in your goals you can achieve your goals.

Know yourself better. Getting a girl doesn't mean anything unless you can give love and emotional support to her. And for that you need to understand your core values. Forget about finding the right woman. Concentrate on becoming the right man.

So go now and see your dream. Live it. Because when you are going to open your eyes after seeing it, the world is going to look more beautiful.

No comments: